November 29, 2008

Teach My Heart

Teach my heart, Oh Lord
That I may walk in Your ways, Your ways of righteousness
Help me not to quench Your Holy Spirit
Lead me to the place where You will be most glorified.

Forgive me Oh Lord, if I have sinned against You
Forgive and hear me when I call
You alone are my hope and desire
If You are going to give me something,
The very thing I am asking for
And yet it would separate me from You
Oh, Lord I wouldn't want anything outside Your will.
My heart's desire above all things is to draw near to You
All the blessings that I have received,
They are received not because I am worthy to have them
But it is only by Your grace
That I have all these things I need.

Open my heart, search my heart
Teach my heart and guard my heart
That is what I pray
Take away anything that is not from You
Purify my heart and take Your rightful place.
May it be prepared, sanctified, purified
May Your Name be glorified in all of this...

I love You more than anything in this world.
You are my desire
I will love You not only with the words I am saying
But in a way my life is lived...

0 comments: