November 25, 2008

Will I Know It?

History never looks history when you're living through it. It always looks confusing and messy and it always feel uncomfortable. - John Gardner

Will I know when I'm walking through the story for the first time? Will I recognize the event that will begin the chapters of my love story with my mate? Will time stand still for one moment to tell me that this person, this one person, out of all the billions bustling on the planet -- is the One? Will I recognize when it happens? Or might I miss it? Some questions are probably best left unasked. I know I should push them aside and wait for life to unfold its mysteries.

Someday when I'm older and wiser, I'll sit back and tell my story to someone who will listen. And as I tell my story, will I remember the doubts and questioning prayers of today? Or will I have forgotten the silent longings; will they wash away like footprints on an ocean shore? I'll probably tell some young fool the same things I get tired of hearing from others. I'll tell her to bide her time, "for it sure work out in the end." And of course, "you can't rush these things."

Someday I'll have a story to tell. How will I respond when one day I look back on my love story? Will it bring tears of joy or tears of remorse? Will it remind me of God's goodness or my lack of faith in that goodness? Will it be a story of purity, faith and selfless love? Or will it be a story of impatience, selfishness and compromise? It's my choice. I am encouraged (and continue to remind myself) to write a love story with my life that I'll feel proud to tell. - Excerpt from "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris

An axiom in mathematics means that if your premise is incorrect, then your conclusion is bound to be wrong as well. Use the wrong formula and the answer is certain to be incorrect.

But who knows which is the right way? No one, except God... we can always ask Him for guidance. I remember asking the Lord, "Lord, how will I know if he is the one for me?" For some, it might come as a coincidence, but for me I take it as His answer to my question.. reading from Isaiah 18:3b "When a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it."

Simply telling me that when love comes knocking at my door, I will hear it and when the right one comes, I will surely see him and not miss the start of my love story.. God is good... God is great... and He loves me so... I can simpy trust Him to take me to the right place at the right time when I am ready. I surrender to the One who knows the best things for me.

0 comments: