August 23, 2008

On Wings Like Eagles

Most birds fly by flapping their wings. But not eagles. They are built for soaring, not flapping; that allows them to travel much farther on
less energy. It seems that God built into our planet invisible
columns of hot air called thermals which rise up here and there from the earth's surface. Eagles know where to find thermals. They fly into these invisible updrafts, stretch out their wings, and are lifted higher and higher into the sky as though ascending on an elevator. They may rise as high as 14,000 feet, so high they cannot be seen from earth with the naked eye.

When they reach those heights, they emerge from the updraft, their wings will spread, and they soar this way and that way, downward and sideward, traveling for miles with very little exertion of strength.

It is a perfect picture. God himself is an invisible, uplifting thermal current. When we claim His promises and trust His Word, we are
spreading out the wings of faith and are caught up to a higher plane. We mount up with wings like eagles. We run without growing weary. We walk and do not faint.

The strength we need for holy, effective, victorious living comes not from frantically flapping through the air like sparrows in distress, but from gliding in the currents of God's grace.
(From This Verse, Isaiah Ornithology, April 30)

Today, I was at the office at 7:30AM and left at 6PM. Yes, siree! I've worked overtime. I'm having trouble trying to find out why the accounting transactions I loaded to the system was not processed. I haven't fixed it. I still have not found it.

Ayoko na, masakit na ulo ko. Naiiyak na nga ako kanina. Kinakausap ko na yun computer ko, ayaw naman sumagot! Wah! (Normal ba sa linya ng mga programmer o analyst ang kausapin minsan ang computer na walang malay? Maybe... malay mo sumagot at sabihin sa iyo ang mali mo.. o di ba? hehehe)

Napagod ako! Daig ko pa ang tumakbo sa marathon sa Olympics. Mas nakakapagod kaya ang magtrabaho maghapon and at the end of the day... di ka pa rin tapos. Naubos na ata ang butter cookies na baon ko, nakailang inom na rin ako ng tubig, ngunit wala pa rin nangyari. Nakailang beses na rin akong dumungaw sa bintana at baka nandoon ang kasagutan. Nakailang sabi ba ako ng, "Lord, please ipakita mo po sa akin ang error..." Pero di ko pa rin nakita.

Kumanta na nga ako, "Sometimes the very thing you're looking for is the one thing you can't see.... " O di ba? Tugma ang linya ng kantang "Save The Best For Last"? hehehe... (Naalala ko tuloy, ganito rin ang feeling ko non, nung araw ng defense para sa thesis namin, ngunit wala kaming maipapasa...) Haay! Baka mabaliw ako kaya umuwi na lang muna ako. I am awfully tired. Two months ng ganito ang buhay ko, overtime, overnight! Naisip ko nga, ang gusto ko lang sa mga oras na ito ay isang mahaba at kumpletong tulog. Maybe, I should learn from the eagles...

Maybe I was tired because I'm just flapping my wings and not soaring. God promised and this is what's keeping me on...

Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength;They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired They will walk and not become weary. - Isaiah 40:31 New American Standard Bible (©1995)

"Lord, please renew my strength. You are the Source of Life... You are my strength. Amidst the pressures and tight deadlines, I still believe You are in full control. Show me the right way, help me and give me wisdom. I remembered praying to You, to make me shine... I know this is one of the answers. Help me dear God and hear the prayers of Your servant. Help me soar with You on wings like eagles."

p.s. Oh! I have to finish that project. Btw, it's due on Tuesday... hahaha!

0 comments: