August 10, 2008

You have a choice...

There was a young girl who dreamed to finish school even at hard times. This girl didn't come from a wealthy clan or family. But she also experienced how it is to live abundantly when her dad was working abroad.

But, after some time her dad had gone home to the Philippines and decided to live and work there for good. Her dad became a driver of a good company. After a year or two, her dad was retrenched from work.

But still this young little girl was able to continue her studies through the help of her loving grandmother. Her grandma paid her tuition fees and gave her Php 1,500.00 every month as her allowance. That amount might have been sufficient. However, if you will remember her dad has no work and that allowance also became her family's source of daily food. At times, when Friday comes she has no more money to even pay for her transportation to go to school. It will be good if her aunt would lend her some money and she will be able to go to school.

She's already in College during those times. 3rd year College. One Friday morning, her mother was sick and they don't have any money. They were not able to borrow money from her aunt, so she will not be able to go to school that day. They have not eaten any breakfast at all. She laid down on their small sofa. Trying to forget how hungry she was, while tears roll down from her eyes, she fell asleep and when she woke up, it was already lunchtime. Still, they have no food at their dining table.

This girl told herself that day, "I won't let this happen again." She then worked as a municipal clerk with the help of her aunt. And because of God's favor and of some people, she was able to continue her studies while working at the same time. She made a letter that promises she will be extending working hours when she has no classes. But she will leave the office a little earlier than 5 o'clock.

Her class would start at around 3 o'clock in the afternoon. But most of the time, she will get out of the office 3 o'clock. She will need to travel at least an hour or two to get to school. Praise God, that everytime her teacher would check the attendance or give a quiz, she was already inside the classroom.

Months went by and her dad was able to find a good paying job. This girl then choose to resign from her work even if she is paid at Php 5,000.00 a month. She continued her studies and she graduated as a Computer Engineering. This girl is the author of this article.

Through the grace of God, if I were to go back at our life then, I can truly say that the Lord is good. In my decision to continue my studies, He held my hands and helped me to change my future.


I may not be rich, but I can say that God blesses us to have food everytime we want to eat.

Why am I writing this? This is my life. And I want to testify on God's goodness in my life. I want to share to everyone how God has changed my future.

My parents were able to finish vocational courses. They were not able to have a good-paying job to sustain all of our needs. Still, I am thankful that they have thought us perseverance and how to live life.

The past does not have to be your prison. You can never change your past, but you still have today and tomorrow in your hands. You have a voice in your future. You can give God the control over your life. You have the choice on what roads you will thread upon.


P.S. Please choose to live your life for God. He will never fail you. I surely know, He never fails me. He can also bless you... in many ways you just can't imagine.

Writing from my heart,
Zha-Zha

2 comments:

Edong said...

very inspiring... i never knew you experienced such kind of youth... continue to inspire more... keep it up!

Zha-Zha said...

thanks eddie for dropping by... =P

i'm happy that i was able to write it down and share it to everyone who reads...

we owe to share our life experiences to the youth of the next generation...

leave footprints that they may follow...

thanks again. regards.