July 6, 2008

A Visit to Touch of Glory... prayer mountain

July 4, 2008. My heart is so excited in having a special date with the Lord. I would visit Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain to be refreshed and to get away from all the busyness of life... At 4:30PM, I readied myself and went out of the office. It is my first time to go to this place. I've been to other prayer mountains like Peniel in Tarlac, but this time it's different... I will go up to the mountains alone, to meet with my GOD.

What an adventure! Excitement filled my heart. I have never been to the place. All I know is that I have to take an FX from Cubao going to Cogeo Gate 2, then ride a jeepney going to Paenaan. My friend told me to tell the jeepney driver the place and the driver already knew the place.

From Alabang, I rode a bus going to Magallanes to take the MRT. I got off at Cubao Station, walk through Farmers Plaza and headed straight to Gateway. I took the escalator to go down and crossed the street to Araneta Avenue. I asked the guard where can I ride an FX going to Cogeo Gate 2. He said, here you can wait (wow! englisero si manong guard! hahaha).

There are so many people waiting for an FX, but no, no one's falling in line.. they just occupied a lane off the Araneta Avenue (hehehe, pinoy talaga!). The FX caller shouted, Marikina.. and I asked him if that could take me to Cogeo Gate 2. Well, he didn't answer me and shouted again Marikina!.. (suplado! hmp! hehehe).

I walked nearer and by God's grace, I finally got an FX ride going to Cogeo Gate 2. I paid a P100 bill and got a P70 change. Somewhere along Marikina, the driver picked up a passenger. The man paid I think P20, and he's asking for a change. He's insisting that he only owes P15 as fare. He said that only jeepneys have been authorized to have a fare increase. He's telling the FX driver that he is also a driver, a jeepney driver to be specific. Finally, he said that he will get off at Masinag and that it should be a P10 fare.. hahaha! (ang kulet!).

Finally, I arrived at Gate 2. I asked the man sitting beside me where was Cogeo Gate 2. He said, here we are. I also asked where can I ride a jeepney going to Paenaan. The people were very courteous and they tell me the directions. The rain has poured already and the road was muddied. I saw a jeepney with Paenaan on the signboard, but it was already full. I walked a little more and asked a student where can I ride a jeepney going to Paenaan and he pointed a jeepney with a signboard Paenaan. I was not able to control my kakulitan and said to the boy, "Oo nga, kaso sira.. hehehe". But the boy was so courteous and he smiled. I walked a little more and I was able to finally get a jeepney ride to Paenaan. I asked the driver how much, and he said P18 was the fare. I also asked him to drop me off the Prayer Mountain.

After 10-12 km drive, we arrived at the Prayer Mountain site. I saw a tricycle and asked if he could take me to the prayer mountain. He laughed and said, "malapit lang yun ma'am, lakarin mo na lang." Taking his advice, I walked... a little scared because the road was dark... no street lights. The only lighting came from the houses of the street. There was a man and a child walking alongside me, so I asked "where is the prayer mountain?" He pointed me to the gate of the Touch of Glory.

After registering, the guard take me to the female dorm site. I took the 1st bed near the door. I think there are about 6 more people to come, because at least 6 more beds were fixed and awaiting to be occupied.

I decided not to eat dinner and have a fast. I went to the prayer cell. I cried my heart out to God. Wrote to my journal, read the Bible. Pray even more.

From Isaiah 49:
The Lord called me from birth; from within the womb he called me by name.
He made my words of judgment as sharp as a sword. He has hidden me from
the shadow of his hand. I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver.

He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel and you will bring me glory."

I replied, "But my work seems useless! I have spent strength for nothing and
to no purpose . Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my
reward."


At 1030PM, I went back to my room. Washed myself, talked with Ram (she's one of my dormmates that night). And went off to sleep.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

im so blessed reading this. i am like you too, i can go to the place by myself, hehe. I hope i could go to prayer mountain this coming Jan 16. wna have time with Lord din...thanks for the sketch. hehe

Anonymous said...

salamat s di malinaw na sketch, di malinaw ksi MALINAW na MALINAW LOL!
i was blessed with the verse also. God Bless!
Enjoy the presence of God whenever you are!

Anonymous said...

Hi, we are the Peniel Prayer Mountain and Camp Site. You could visit us at mtpeniel.multiply.com or search us at facebook

thanks,
Peniel

Anonymous said...

nice !! hehe sakto po yan punta kc kme ng cellgroup namen jan bukas... Im so excited. because dats my first camp ever.. it'll be surely exciting .!! GBU

faye said...

Thank you for posting this! God answered my prayer... I really do want to have a date with God too at Touch of Glory.

God Bless!
Faye

Mike Santos said...

Hi,

Im on my way to Prayer Mountain Right now and thanks for the wonderful blog you posted. It feels so great when you are really in love with Lord. I wanted to go there to find myself and also asking God on how can i please and serve Him. I'm really looking forward for new revelations to feed my spiritual hunger.

Crystal Angel said...

kinilabutan ako 'te..cguro nkarelate lang ako sa yo..that was my same feeling when i first "touch" touch of glory prayer mountain..keep on serving the lord for in the proper time you will reap a harvest.