July 19, 2008

Well Done...

In this year's DNG, the song "My Reward" by Paul Baloche was shared to us by Kuya Boyette. The lyrics really spoke of what's inside my heart now...

I want to hear you say words to me "Well done"
I want to hear you say "Good and faithful servant"
I want to hear you say "I've prepared a place for you"
Let all the treasures of this world, fade away.

Jesus, you are my reward.
To hear your voice on that day,
Is all I'm looking for.
Jesus, you are my reward.
To see your face on that day,
Is all I'm living for.

Lagi natin naririnig ang salitang "Well done" kapag umoorder tayo ng steak o kaya fried eggs. Kung minsan, sinasabi natin ito para sabihin sa isang kamanggagawa (naks! lalim!) sa isang bagay na ginawa niyang maganda. Isang tapik sa balikat, isang pagsasabing "ang galing mo, pare ko!".
In the Bible, it can be found in Matthew 25:21. It says "Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord."
Those words, I long to hear when I come home to heaven with my Lord. "Well done, my child." But I know that even now, I can experience God's faithfulness and I can taste and see the goodness of my Lord. I want to be a good steward of all the things, blessings, talents and abilities God has entrusted to me, even on my finances. For I know, that if I can take care of these little things, God will entrust me more and more great things. As Spiderman said, "Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." It should come hand in hand.

marchflowers


GREAT POWER = GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.

marchflowers


Your success may not come at the precise time when you expect it, or in the way which you anticipate. It may not come so that you yourselves shall see it on earth. But success is CERTAIN in the end. Out of the work come consequences of good - immense if unseen. In all your life, remember this! Expect the time when the Son of Man, no more invisible, shall be revealed; and when by Him shall be opened to you that grand and bright expanse of heaven in which he may say to all of us: "On earth,
ye have been the rulers over a few things; a few facilities, a few knowledges, a few opportunities: Lo, I will make you rulers over many things, in this kingdom of my Father."

0 comments: