July 16, 2008

God is still at work...

Dave was raised on the mission field in Africa, and after he completed his seminary training he took a position in a local church, still searching for the right one who could go back to Africa with him. He kept looking over the crowd every Sunday morning to see if a new face had appeared. Finally he asked my advice, “What do you think I should do?” What do you think God wants you to do with your life?” I inquired. “I think God wants me in Africa ,” he responded.

“I said, “Then you had better get moving that direction.”

Sudan Interior Mission, the group that Dave was serving, needed him on a rather remote outstation a distance from Addis Ababa. “Great chance of finding a wife there!” people told Dave. Nonetheless, he went.

Meanwhile an Australian nurse felt called by God into medical missions. She was single but hope to meet someone who shared her vision of missionary medicine. Nobody even came close to being answer. Finally she joined the same mission Dave had joined. They told her about a medical in a pretty remote area outside Addis Adaba. Her family and friends told her, “If you go there, you’ll end up being an old maid for sure.”

Putting the will of God above “finding the right man,” she packed and went to Africa.

You guessed it. They met, fell in love and married.

Believe it or not, they both had lived in the same apartment complex in the same city, on the same street, but had to go 7,000 miles away to meet each other, fall in love, marry and have a family. (I got this story from jhunnelle's blogsite.)

This is the 2nd story I read about "serendipity" or destiny as you may want to call it. The 1st story I read was about Shelby. They may all sound fictional to you, but I believe that they are true. Even if they were not, there is one story that is real. You may visit jhunnelle's blogsite and read about how her fiance met her.

Now, you might be asking, "Who's Jhunnelle?". Well, I don't know her either. We haven't met. But, one night as I was trying to look for a write-up about "Touch of Glory", I found her blogsite. Of course, instantly as I read her posts nakarelate agad ako. We are of the same age. We are both Born-Again Christian. We both have the same struggles in waiting for the "right man" in our lives. I was inspired about her story. I believe that God has led me to her blogsite to tell me that He is still at work.

God is at work in our lives all the time. Every need, every desire, every little things or minute details of our lives are in His mind all the time. Our every call is heard. Every tear that falls, he sees. Every thoughts in our minds, he knew. He is the author of life. He is also the author of our love story.

And one day, I am hopeful and prayerful that I will be able to post my own love story God has wrote about in this blogsite.

You may have a struggles or difficulties in your life. It might be something about your job, school, relationships, finances or anything that you think matters to you. I just want to encourage you on one thing, "God is at work in our lives! He loves you so much. There is nothing good for us that He will withhold. Just think, that if God has given His ONE and ONLY SON for you, what is that one thing will He not do for you?

0 comments: